2023 has seen developments in the business world, specifically in technology. During this time, AI has been making waves, its ripples extending and impacting many industries.
These innovations have reached all aspects of business, allowing companies to form and grow like never before, and this is why 2023 is the year to keep an eye on the business world.
- PurpleBeach recognises and champions the fact that embracing human creativity and instilling a higher sense of purpose within an organisation, in partnership with technological advancement, will drive businesses towards achieving sustainable commercial growth and customer success. It does not matter how committed an organisation is to making change, PurpleBeach understands that if a workforce does not know what an organisation wants, understands its purpose, or agrees with it, then the organisation can never harness their power. PurpleBeach delivers bespoke programmes to create fun, explore the unusual and create trust and momentum. Solutions are helpfully disruptive and enable leaders to revolutionise and continuously unlock and harness the innovation and performance potential of their people. Partnering with organisations of any size, from start-ups to global corporate companies, PurpleBeach provides an impactful strategy which navigates the challenging economic and social climates of our time and gives organisations the results they want.
- Superlinked is a Machine Learning infrastructure startup, founded by YouTube and Mastercard engineers, and supported by Tier 1 specialised VCs. Superlinked’s enterprise-ready compute engine makes it easier to turn proprietary data into vector embeddings and manage the state of the vector retrieval stack to optimise for quality, performance, and cost. “Vector embeddings are a powerful way to represent your data – content, SKUs, users, transactions, events – and feed them into the rest of your Machine Learning stack. Our goal is to make it easy – regardless of where your data is or how it looks,” says Daniel Svonava, Superlinked CEO. Superlinked is helping companies across e-commerce, finance, media, social and other verticals develop Generative AI, Search and Recommender Systems. Superlinked recently secured an innovation grant from the UK government to help build a high-quality recommendation engine for a news discussion platform.
- Metatalent.ai is a leader in Human Resources technology and transformation. Based in the UK, it has witnessed significant growth and is having a profound impact on skills development. Their innovative solutions leverage data analytics and AI and revolutionises talent intelligence strategies. It makes them a trusted partner for businesses with an impact that extends beyond the UK and the US to the Middle East. Metatalent.ai bridges the skills gap in an increasing number of technology domains, empowering individuals, and organisations. By providing tailored talent intelligence solutions, they strengthen the workforce and contribute to growth. In an age of increasing skill gaps in many professions, Metatalent.ai is at the forefront of transforming HR practices, enabling businesses to thrive in a competitive environment. Metatalent.ai is set to shape the future of talent management and leave a lasting impact and impression on the global workforce.
- High Digital is the one-stop shop for your data and digital needs. Small but well-established, digital transformation is the key to their practice. High Digital is formed from a team of tech specialists who create and develop data-specific digital tools for their clients. Their innovative approach allows them to help from conception until delivery and beyond. High Digital have now taken steps out onto the global stage, expanding internationally, which includes the implementation of High Digital India 2018-ensuring that worldwide clients always have the benefit of being ahead of the game.
- YLD FX is a modern style of brokerage built for traders by traders. A combination of innovation and reliability, powered by core values, allows for a trustworthy environment for traders with all levels of experience. Based in Malaysia and regulated by the LFSA (Labuan Financial Services Authority), YLD FX can accomplish a 1:100 leverage with the added security of regulation, whilst utilising the best technology available in the MT5 platforms. One of the standout features of the YLD FX brokerage is its dedication to its clientele. A personal account manager is assigned to each new client, alongside their dedicated email and contact number. Educational resources are also available for those new to the markets. Experienced professionals are the brains behind this setup; they know what the average trader requires allowing for high-quality service with access to the tools required to flourish and grow.
- Highkey Agency was born with the specific goal of growing digital brands for industry leaders, offering social media growth management, branding, and digital publications. With a particular focus on the press, this agency has successfully helped its clients achieve goals in coverage such as Dr Phil and the Wall Street Journal. Earned media is the success of Highkey, understanding that organic brand growth is a vital element of boosting their client’s profile and reputation as well as online authority.
- Tab supplies a new and innovative way of connecting investors to exciting housing projects. Founded only five years ago in 2018 this company saw the necessity to bridge the gap between innovators and investors after a realisation that standardised, traditional lenders often rely purely on a generated checklist that does not lend credibility to the merits of the project or the individual. Hence the creation of Tab, the platform which enables a system that can deliver bespoke loans based on proposal potential. Tab also creates a space for investors, old and new, to build up their portfolios and access a range of products with varying rates.
- Liquid Death has two aims, hydration and in their own words, ‘death to plastic’. It may lead you to believe Liquid Death is toting highly sugared energy drinks, but in fact, it is only simple water and iced tea. With a satirically aggressive marketing campaign and a dedication to environmental sustainability, Liquid Death should be kept in one’s periphery vision, especially with the outreach into clothing and merchandise. Passionate about ‘murdering thirst’ alongside harmful packaging, Liquid Death will have a measured impact on the beverages industry.
- Octopus Energy is one of the UK’s leading energy companies, with sustainability and excellent customer service at the forefront of their business operations. With five stars on Trustpilot and as a 6-time award winner of ‘Which Recommended Provider,’ Octopus is excelling. This is inclusive of customer experience, being a top-rated employer, to green energy systems alongside low prices.
- Wagestream provides an answer to payroll for employers and employees. The financial app allows employees more control over wages, and therefore, is a step forward to financial wellness. Innovative features include employee flexibility over payday and access to a financial coach. Companies implementing Wagestream have reported the benefits this approach provides for their staff: such as higher productivity, proving the value of financial independence and freedom. A rainy-day pot is another popular feature of Wagestream, proving that the minds behind this application understand the needs of future employees in a trying economic environment.
- Better.com provides a new way of financing your mortgage and buying your dream home. Better.com is mastering the impossible, making mortgage applications and property purchasing straightforward, with a closing rate 17 days faster than the average in the industry. All applications are completed digitally, and home loans are secured within 24 hours. Alongside attorney matching and low rates, Better.com offers an example of how buying and mortgaging will evolve.
- Zopa is by no means a new institution but has evolved since its inception in 2005. Their passion for innovation has always been evident. The noughties saw them build the first-ever peer-to-peer lending institution. As of 2020, Zopa Bank launched its high-interest savings account and alternate lending options to help their customers achieve financial health and independence. As a long-standing financial establishment with a history of growth and adaptation, it is interesting to ask what will be next for Zopa.
- SoundHound is a classic example of how artificial intelligence is utilised in an ever more fast-paced world. The AI specialists at SoundHound use intelligent voice technology to create conversational experiences for businesses. An example of its functionality is SoundHounds implementation into restaurants, answering calls regarding booking and enquiries, and freeing up precious time for other employees in a demanding environment. Taking advantage of technology such as SoundCloud is an exciting integration across businesses to improve efficiency and productivity.
- ERA Timepieces is horology’s answer to a contemporary wristwatch, or in ERA’s preferred terminology, timepiece. Timepiece is the most accurate description, as although avant-garde in styling, their design allows a timeless sophistication to the wearer. With an array of quirky and captivating designs, an ERA Timepiece is a perfect lifelong companion for a watch aficionado.
- Improbable creates an inspiring figure in metaverse technology. The business aim is to invent new ways for connectivity and form virtual building blocks. As demand for metaverse immersion grows, Improbable uses its Morpheus technology to provide communication and presence in digital communities. They have even hosted a virtual concert, allowing for exploration and interaction with other event attendees and the artist themselves.
- Perform helps users achieve their exercise goals, forming personalised plans to suit the individual’s objectives. The Perform app is evidence of the widespread and multiple uses of artificial intelligence. However, it still takes advantage of the human touch, matching the customer to a coach based on individual needs, who will draw up the training plan and use data tools to expand and modify as goals shift. Through an adaptation of a traditional personal trainer, combined with technological advancements, Perform realises a new way of achieving exercise goals for the modern professional.
- CoachHub is a global hub for online digital training. In June of 2022, CoachHub enjoyed the closure of a £200m Series C funding round and is progressing with its goal of democratising training world round and ensuring accessibility for employees at all levels. Their main focuses include DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion), performance, well-being, executive coaching, and overall organisational transformation, pinpointing the heart of a smooth-running business: the people.
- Meatable solves an issue for meat eaters, facing the internal conflict of environmental sustainability and animal rights. Innovative, though controversial, Meatable is pioneering a new form of meat production by sampling from an unharmed cow or pig and replicating the growth process to engineer beef and pork. Whether reticent or for this new practice, they are a company to keep an eye on with their plans for consumer sales by 2025.
- Babbel presents a new method of language learning, focusing on real-life conversations and accessibility for users. Through Babbel, you are taught by experts and provided access to live virtual classes, podcasts, and so much more. App users of any level can learn and enjoy the benefits of Babbel.
- Rent the Runway is explained in the name. Customers can rent one-off pieces for weddings, corporate parties, or any other upcoming event. Renting clothing is an inspired idea considering its implications on sustainability. The customer can keep a fresh wardrobe, whilst remaining sustainably friendly. Presenting a modern option for the problem fast fashion poses on the planet.
These twenty innovators are sending reverberations through the business sphere. For anyone with an eye for business, we can only expect to see more impacting technologies and creative solutions to solve the thoroughly modern problems experienced in today’s society and workplaces.